Rakesh951
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Fan making so much noise and laptop getting overheated/

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to know why my laptop's fan making so much noise and it's getting overheated? Also, like to know how to download the HP Command Center app. I tried it from the MS App store but could not find it. 

2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
30,513 30,420 2,778 6,712
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Rakesh951 

Windows Update runs every week without your permission and when it does, it basically takes over the PC, driving the CPU to 100% and maxing out the drive usage as well.  All this causes the CPU to heat up and causes the fan to run loud as a result.  This is the result of using Windows 10.

As to the software, that is only for Envy and Spectre laptops, not for Pavilion.  So you would not be able run it on your model.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Rakesh951
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. I would like to make you sure that my Windows updates are not on automatically. It's on manually checking mode and also manually download. If that's not an issue then I guess I shouldn't have to worry about the overheating and noise? 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation