Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv6-7130sp
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

To get in context, my fan was making a rattling noise so l decided to disassembly my computer and clean it up, so l did it and everything ended up well with the exception that l've broke the CMOS Battery. Nevertheless, l turned on the computer and was already expecting misguided hours but l dont really cared about it. Everything was good, the fans were silent and blowing fresh air.

The problem is, yesterday, l've turned on my computer and the fans immediately kicked in at full speed and now its constantly. l've made a thing that fixed the problem sometimes that was getting inside the System Diagnostic (F2 right after the boot), and wait until the fans went normal, l dont know why that solve the problem but it worked, not anymore tho.

Could someone help me with this? What should l do? Do a clean reinstall of the OS perhaps? lf there isn't a fix for this, does having the fans at full speed may harm my computer? or is just a noise problem that l will need to take?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

There should be an option in Bios called "Fans always on", You should disable this option so that the fans only come on when necessary.

If the fan was making noise, it could be that the fan is somehow defective and not functioning correctly and because of the heat is always on.

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

l already did that, doesnt work. l dont think that's a fan problem because the rattling noise was gone after l've cleaned it up.

HP Recommended

Hi,

In your previous answer you say that you broke the cmos battery, did you fix this? Could it be that even when you change the BIOS settings disabling the "fan always on" it reverts to default settings when reboots an turns the fan always on back on again?

What are operating temperatures for the CPU and GPU at the moment?

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

l don't think bios is reseting the settings because l've got action keys disabled and by default they're on, so with that l know the bios is saving my settings.
And no, l didn't solve my CMOS battery problem, although, if that function from that component is only about fixing the hours at the boot, it doesn't really bother me.

About the temperatures:

(now only browsing on Chrome)

Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_2.png

Update: 
l've managed to do that trick again at waiting on System Diagnostic, and during my use, the fan was alright til it started flickering through full speed and normal behaviour. lt switched like 5 times, after that, it kept working at full speed.

Btw, the temperature above are during the fan at 100% use.

HP Recommended

OK,

The temps are all good and the fan should not be at 100 %. I do not know what else to say as the fan is controlled by BIOS and even reinstalling the OS will not make a difference. I would try ficing the Cmos battery or even replacing the Fan if the noise bothers too much.

All the best,

David

HP Recommended
Do you think updating bios will solve the problem? Btw, when I try to search the drivers for my pc in the hp support there is no Windows 10 option, only 7 and 8.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.