Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-bc406tx

Hey there

I have hp pavilion 15bc406tx

My fan1 runs around 3000 rpm but fan2 barely reaches 300 rpm.

IMG-20230303-WA0000.jpg

Is it some kind of hardware issue?

I would also like to inform you that while doing intense gaming, my fan makes a lot noise but when i put my hand on the exhaust then i feel that very little air is being thrown out. Although my GPU's temperature reaches around 90 Celsius but my fan throws very little air out.

I would also like to address that i feel my laptop have no overheating issue. when i use it for normal work then the GPU temp. reaches just 50 C, so i guess that i have no overheating issue.

One more problem, when I close the high cpu usage softwares then my fan's speed gradually reduce, that's normal, but I also hear some clicky sound from my laptop. Also, when I have shut down my laptop, and the lid is closed and my laptop is kept aside, then also I hear some clicky sound approx. 2 times or 3 times. What is it? Is my hardware damaged?

Well, to summurise, i want to know that my fan2's speed is slow so it is safe? Also i want to know, is it normal that i am not able to feel the force of air coming out via exhaust? And what about that clicky noise?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.