04-12-2010 04:05 AM
when the laptop is plugged in without a battery, the fan is running at the normal speed.
if I put the battery in for charging the fan starts spinning fast??
If I run the laptop on battery the fan's running at normal speed.
why is that it spins faster when charging?
It had a new battery a week ago . Original from HP technical support and a new charger.
had a new fan and heat sink due to heating issue.
still under warranty about 20 days left!
bios is up to date f.38
04-22-2010 04:04 PM
Well, same problem here ...
i have pavulion DV6-1390ev and it has exactly the same issue u mentioned
the processor usage and temps are quite normal
removing the battery is still an option to avoid the annoying fan noise ... but of course not always
so far there is no solution for this problem .. seems to be a hardware problem though
SPEED FAN only gives the temps readings .. does not allow me to change the fan speed ( motherboard is not supported )
HP !! i'm looking forward for a real solution.
any help ??
thanks in advanced !
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot