cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Fans won't run properly on laptop

HP Recommended
Spectre X360 15-Df0013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I actually had this laptop sent in for repair. But they did not fix it. 

This has been a lengthy saga for me. Initially I was DM'd by Riddle_Decipher, who started the repair process. He forwarded me to ThatGuyFromSoMe, aka George. Now George took ages to actually reply to me every time. Months passed, and he ended up waiving my fee for repair, which would have been large. 

I sent in my laptop assuming, based on what George said as well as based on what the fee would have been, that they would at least replace the motherboard. They did not. They replaced the two fans and two heatsinks, did "extensive testing", and sent it back. However, the problem remains exactly the same, and neither George nor Riddle_Decipher are responding to any of my messages. 

The fans don't run when they should. They run very occasionally. But more often than not, unless the laptop is set to the lowest battery saving mode, the CPU will rise in temperature into the 90s celsius and beyond, but the fans never turn on.

I don't know what extensive testing they did, but not enough to realize the laptop was still overheating while the fans remain still. The BIOS setting "Fans always on" does nothing either. I updated the laptop completely since they sent it to me. They did reinstall the OS. 

I just want someone in HP support to respond to my messages. The issue has not been fixed. I messaged George several times on several days and he appears to be barely active. And I messaged Riddle_Decipher but he has said nothing. I don't know where else to go. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation