cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Faulty EX950, no options to contact support?

HP Recommended
EX950 SSD
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good evening or morning, wherever you may be!

I recently purchased an EX950 SSD which turned out to be defective. I purchased it for my ZBook 17 G4, but I tested it in multiple systems. In every sysstem, it would cause the system to stop booting at POST for several minutes, before the system timed out and proceeded to Windows on the already installed good SSD. In windows, the EX950 is not detected at all under device manager and disk management, the same story under Linux when I tried there.

I'd rather have the SSD work than get a refund, so I didn't send it back, I'd like to Warranty it since it has 5 years on it. I tried to contact Support after registering it to my account, but when I go to the support page, I am greeted with the following screen:

HPSite.png

I am already signed in there. I tried signing out and back in, but it still gives me that screen. Note the "Sign In is required for some support options: Sign In" that does not have a link present while signed in. I tried a different browser, and it still does that. What should I do to move forward with Warranty?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,386 14,363 1,120 1,098
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@CMCTC, Welcome to HP Support Community!

This looks like a hardware issue. You can proceed to claim the warranty

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your PC

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation