Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion X360 Convertible 14
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a 16 month old Pavilion x360 (so 4 months over the standard 12 month HP warranty - but well within the 2 year EU protection) the screen has started to bulge out of the frame in the left hand corner, and the frame has developed a hairline crack.

This device has had limited use, has never been dropped or roughly handled, and from memory has only been switched all the way into tablet mode about half a dozen times.

Having reviewed the boards it would appear that this is a long running and well known design flaw with the case/hinge, and accordingly I feel the repair should be picked up by HP.

How do you go about resolving this?

Regards,

Alan.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@Alan-Rodgers I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I own a HP Pavilion x360 that's experiencing a similar issue. The lower left corner of the display is peeling away from the frame. I have been gentle with the laptop especially when converting it to tablet mode, placing pressure in the top-middle of the frame rather than the corners. For now, the display is fully functional, but I am concerned the problem will continue to worsen to resemble the post above or similar threads. The laptop is 18 months old.

What would you recommend?

HP Recommended

I'm afraid I'm still waiting on HP to pick up my query.

It seems to be a design flaw, and I can't see an obvious way to prevent it from worsening.

I believe they have redisigned the hinge on new models, but this leaves us with machines that without some fixing will ultimately be useless.

Here's hoping that HP acknowledge the problem and deal with their issue. 

Please let me know if you manage to get anywhere. 

HP Recommended

Finally got hold of an HP rep, to be basically told as it is over 12 months old they will do nothing for me.

I asked for the case to be escalated and got a very polite, and also very final response, that it wasn't anything to do with HP and that as they didn't work in the EU that they couldnt comment on any consumer legislation. 

To say I've been let down is an understatement, has anyone else had more joy or is this standard HP customer service? 

Build a substandard product, and then ignore any valid complaints, leaving the consumer out of pocket and very disappointed. 

HP Recommended

@Alan-Rodgers

Thank you for posting back. 

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, in order to bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yet another let down, no reply until I chased again, with the same answer "nothing we can do".

Shocking service and a complete disregard for customers. 

Guess I need to find the official complaints procedure.......

I hope others have more luck with this shoddy product. 

HP Recommended

@Alan-Rodgers I went through your last response and am trying to get more details on assisting you,

please wait while I get an update on the same.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My faulty hinge is the same but on the right side.  It appears there is an inherent design fault with the hinge which seems to come out after the warranty has expired.  My notebook has been carefully looked after and is in perfect condition (hinge excepted!).  What can I do to register my concern?

HP Recommended

@GKK13

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.