Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre X360

Oh mother board! In my 60's, decided to get a great, lightweight, laptop.  Went to best buy and selected the HP Spectre X360.  Made payments for one year.  4 months after paying it off, it died.  Trying to catch up to my kids and stay actively engaged on-line and this happens.  Paid over 1K for the computer.  My son researched and said I should not have purchased this model.  The internet shows mother board issues.  Geek squad at Best Buy confirms the motherboard is bad and said also needs a new battery.  Quote from best buy to fix it for about $700.  HP won't address it because the one year warranty is expired.  Can't afford another $700.  Really feel like HP dropped the ball and the salesman should have told me about the problems people were having with this model.  Can the motherboard be replaced in a less expensive way?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Can we please have the full model number of the laptop? Lots of x360s. Yes, there are less expensive options but you have to stick with me. Post back with that model number and we will go from there.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

HP Recommended

HP SPECTRE X360 13-AE012DX

Model 2LU95UA

SKU:6080223

Serial [edited]

HP Recommended

@mbrown63, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm also frustrated with the same model. 18 months and it doesn't turn on any more. Maybe time to switch to Dell?

HP Recommended

@Stupidgreen

I understand your concerns

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem the Spectra laptop will not turn on. When you plug the power cord in the light turns amber like it charging. After 10 to 15 min later the light turns to a Blinking White. Still will not turn on. I tried doing the the following. 

1. Unplug from power and hold the power button in for 15 sec and then plug back in. Still did not turn on

2. Went to bestbuy and got another power cord and still did the same thing. Charging light comes on Amber then turns to blinking white. 

3. Unplug from power. Took the back cover off and pulled the battery cable out. Held the power button in for 15 sec. Reconnected everything and still the same results. 

4. I saw one post that the battery could be bad so went out and got a new battery. Replace battery and still does the same thing after 10 min of charging. 

hp spectre x360 convertible 15-ap012dx

I had HP laptops all my life and never had any that die like this. I am on my 8th Hp laptop now. Pretty much they never died they just couldn't keep up with times and just ended replacing them for something faster and better. 

HP Recommended

I never had an HP before but saved up for what I thought was the best one I could find.  I have had Dell and never had problems.  The computer needs a new mother board.  Googling this and it appears it is very common with this HP model.  Wish I had known. Spent a lot of my savings on this computer and cannot afford to fix it.  Back to using a 2006 Dell and dreaming of a better computer.  It was awesome while it lasted - 1 year 5 months.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.