Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-dw1081wm
Microsoft Windows 11

I have had this system for about 18 months.  Despite the SSD I was always getting hangups with 100% or later on 50% disk usage.  I tried every single solution I found on this forum and on other websites.  Same challenge on Windows 10 and following the upgrade to 11.

Finally decided to toss it but just for the heck of it I checked inside and found I had a vacant memory module slot.  Put a Crucial 8Gb module in to supplement the 4gb already there.  Suddenly I have a fully functioning computer with no freezes or lags whatsoever for the past two weeks.  A $30 dollar fix and avoided a $350 new purchase!

Hopes this helps someone else.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.