Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy 17t-j000 Quad Edition CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A 3rd party (local county employee) dropped and damaged my laptop. I need to find my specs online via my cell phone. I've followed all suggestions, but clicking on the product info within my HP account leads to a dead end (not covered under warranty, etc.).  The county resource mgr wants a full replacement value based on a comparable build. W/O the specs it's going to be extremely hard to do a comparable build. Any suggestions, including why it doesn't show in my online acct, would be much appreciated! Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry the parts list wasn't of much help to you.

Did you try entering the serial number in the parts surfer search window?

That may provide a little more specific info.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your model's specs doesn't show up anywhere because it is a CTO (Configured To Order) PC.

That means buyers could configure a base model 17t-J000 Quad Edition notebook with options such as graphics, hard drive capacity, wifi adapter options, etc.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to enter the product number of your PC in the box at the link below and see what comes up. That should provide some details.

HP PartSurfer

The only thing I know from the model description is that it came with an Intel 4th generation quad core processor.

Use this guide for how to find the product number of your notebook...

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your help.  Even using the Spare Parts finder doesn't help, as the choices are too many.  I know I had free/discount options to upgrade the RAM, HDD, CPU, and GPU - which I did.  The specs are available online if I'm using the HP interface via the laptop.  I was hoping they'd show up in my online acct too since I did a CTO.  And obviously if I could use the laptop I could easily find that info.  I think I'm just going to need to do a new build to get them a dollar amount for full replacement value, since that is what I'd do if I were replacing it.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry the parts list wasn't of much help to you.

Did you try entering the serial number in the parts surfer search window?

That may provide a little more specific info.

HP Recommended

I did drill down, but there were still too many options for that build.

Instead of continuing to waste everyone's time, I did a new build based on what I would replace it with. The final price was $1459.99 - which I think is a very reasonable amount.

Thank you, Paul, for your time and help. Great job!

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Yes, I would agree that is a ballpark figure if you had the notebook set up high end with the Nvidia graphics, and whatnot.

Just the i7 processor your notebook had alone, adds a couple hundred dollars to a build, say over an i5.

HP Recommended

Definitely!! Plus the HDD upgrade, etc. With the 17" LCD, it is a beast! Built for work, business, and fun!  Nothing but a comparable replacement will do for my purpose. This build, researched the Intel Iris Xe vs Nvidia MX450. Still chose the reliable, predictable Nvidia (same GPU's I use to build my desktops). Also chose the faster, better RAM and processor. With all that it still is a reasonable $1159.

Again, great job, Paul. Many thanks!

Adina

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.