Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I am trying to find the correct charger for my Pavilion 17 Notebook, there are no stickers on it anymore, and I'm not sure what I am looking for on the charger itself. Any help would be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Niko8881

I have corrected my earlier post - use your computer's Product Number .

If you know your computer's precise model name and cannot boot the computer to obtain the Product Number, use an alternate method to find the information.

Example - Obtain the Product Number for the computer's Specifications:

System > HP Pavilion 17-e049wm Notebook PC Product Specifications >

Product Number > 0J75UA

Open HP PartSurfer > Select your Country > 

Enter in Quick Search box:  0J75UA

If necessary, refer to your original purchase information and / or receipt.  If you purchased from HP.com, you would have received a confirmation email that provides the essential order information, including the Product Number of your system.

When you see a Post that helps, inspires, provides fresh insight,

or teaches you something new, click the Thumbs Up on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Niko8881

See:

Parts Surfer

• Select a Country and then enter your device (computer) Product Number in the Quick Search box.
  • To see a system-specific list, enter your Serial Number in place of the Product Number.
  • Items accompanied by a tiny box in the Add-to-Cart column are available for purchase.

Reminder:  Charger is a separate item from the Cord

Parts may be available from

HP Parts Store

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I don't have the sticker it shows on either my Laptop or charger, I have a CT #, a Rev #, and its a 65W for the charger. 

HP Recommended

@Niko8881

I have corrected my earlier post - use your computer's Product Number .

If you know your computer's precise model name and cannot boot the computer to obtain the Product Number, use an alternate method to find the information.

Example - Obtain the Product Number for the computer's Specifications:

System > HP Pavilion 17-e049wm Notebook PC Product Specifications >

Product Number > 0J75UA

Open HP PartSurfer > Select your Country > 

Enter in Quick Search box:  0J75UA

If necessary, refer to your original purchase information and / or receipt.  If you purchased from HP.com, you would have received a confirmation email that provides the essential order information, including the Product Number of your system.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you for the help finding it, but I have another question, are there generic chargers that will work without damaging my laptop? Because 60$ for a charger on a over 2 year old Laptop that I bought for 500$ is a bit steep and I know there are cheaper ones out there

HP Recommended

@Niko8881

@Niko8881 wrote:

Thank you for the help finding it, but I have another question, are there generic chargers that will work without damaging my laptop? Because 60$ for a charger on a over 2 year old Laptop that I bought for 500$ is a bit steep and I know there are cheaper ones out there

You are most welcome...

Commentary

The value of the computer is the hardware plus the data you have stored on the device.

The total value of your device must also include time, effort, and money spent to replace the hardware and / or recover that data should it be necessary.

Hardware is cheap compared to the value of what we store on our devices.

Personally, I usually buy manufacturer guaranteed charger / cords / accessories for my devices that are from the same manufacturer as the original device.  (I would hesitate to make that an all inclusive statement -- there must exceptions if you know a part / device is dangerous, that part / device has been recalled, or ...if things might explode.)

I cannot answer your question -- more importantly, I won't speculate.  If I am wrong on either side, you either lose money or you may lose the notebook.

In general, people buy generic all the time -- if you decide to do so, check for reviews, comments, recall notices, and other information that will help you make an informed choice.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.