Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Ultrabook 9470m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have HP Ultrabook 9470m. I bought it from one of my friend's cousin. He had updated the laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. After updating it, he sold it to me, but I was unable to find Biometric option and Face Recognition as a sign - in option or in Device Manager. I used HP remote support, but asked me to contact support assistance and declared it as a manufacturing defect. But I don't think the same way. If all these things were being used in Windows 8.1, then why not in Windows 10

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@faizybro239

I can offer the following:

Content applies to Window 10 version 1607

EDITS  29jun2017  Content edited for clarity

This notebook does not include the type of newer high-grade Intel RealSense camera that is required for facial recognition. 

Computer:

HP EliteBook Folio 9470m Ultrabook

There is a fingeprint driver available for Windows 10.

Removed information for Client Security - member did not ask for this information.

Help for Windows Hello missing:

How to Fix Windows Hello is Missing from Windows 10

More:

1. Download and save the fingerprint driver for your notebook.
  2. Create a Restore Point.

Read and follow suggestions in this Article:

NOTES:  

• Instructions for editing group policy are relevant to Windows "Pro" versions.  In limited cases, where the default fails to correctly set / interpret the default setting, editing the policy ensures the OS will enable the necessary parameters.  Whether this changes the outcome depends on whether this was an underlying cause of the failure.

• If merely uninstalling the existing fingerprint driver does not make any difference, consider / try:  "Uninstall" AND tick the box (if available) to delete the driver > Install the downloaded driver > Restart the computer and log in

OR

• See the the method suggested in this Microsoft forum response: 

windows Hello states it isn't available on this device

If you do not like the above article or if you feel it does not apply to your particular situation, search for the many available articles using your favorite search engine and a keyphrase similar to: "windows hello missing windows 10" or "windows Hello is not available on this device"

Edits - Removed how-to for Windows 10 fingerprint logon - Member did not request this information.

Edits - Removed warning about migrated Operating System.  Member did not request this information.

Another expert may have something more to add.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You!

Answered? Click my post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Well. As you gave the Help link, i don't have Windows Hello in my Laptop. It says that 'Windows Hello isn't available on this device'  I also do not know my BIOS Administrator password or fingerprint hardware password. I would thank anyone who would give me a useful piece of advice as Im really stucked up. Thanks Dragon-Fur for giving your best. Hope I get more clear and precise solutions!

HP Recommended

If anyone wants pics or screenshots regarding my laptop so that he could understand the problem in a better way, Iam ready to provide them with those. But I would be really thankful If anyone could solve my problem quickly

HP Recommended

fingerprint Error in HP Ultrabook Folio 9470m. Even can't see Biometrics in Device Manager

HP Recommended

Mine also has the same issue. It does not come up on device manager. It used to work before though

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.