Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ProBook 4540s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My fingerprint scanner was working fine yesterday.

My computer updated and I used AVG Tune PC Tune up and now my fingerprint scanner isnt showing up,

My computer now tells me something about Windows Hello but that my computer isnt compatible.

Can someone please help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if the W10 Client Security Manager software allows you to use the fingerprint scanner.

HP Client Security Manager provides enhanced Windows login and website single-sign-on capabilities. Security Manager is also the host for HP Client Security plugins, and therefore should be installed before other Client Security modules. This package is provided for supported models running a supported operating system.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74001-74500/sp74101.exe

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if the W10 Client Security Manager software allows you to use the fingerprint scanner.

HP Client Security Manager provides enhanced Windows login and website single-sign-on capabilities. Security Manager is also the host for HP Client Security plugins, and therefore should be installed before other Client Security modules. This package is provided for supported models running a supported operating system.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74001-74500/sp74101.exe

HP Recommended

i am presently downloading this as i found it attached to another reply, will see how it goes. thanks

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I hope it works for you.

HP Recommended

Thanks i uninstalled then reinstalled and it seems to work fine now

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

HP Recommended

Ok so apparantly I was wrong.

It is saying my fingerprints are verified but when I use the scanner it doesnt log me in. It just says fingerprint verified and then it makes me enter the password.

Any suggestions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.