06-19-2013 12:29 PM
Are you stating your F keys will not function without pressing the FN key along with it, is that correct?
Just want to make sure I understand your issue.
Please respond back at your earliest convenience.
Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
12-25-2013 12:37 AM
I have this exact same issue.
When I press F3, it shows the brightness control.
What I want: Press F3 and the keyboard sends F3 to any application I am currently using, like 99.99% of all keyboards in the world.
I went in the BIOS, and set the value of "Action Keys Mode" to either Disabled or Enabled. It's always the same. F3 triggers the brightness.
I checked that the value is preserved in BIOS, after rebooting. There is no way to get rid of this weird behavior.
01-03-2014 10:00 AM - last edited on 02-24-2017 01:59 PM by OscarFuentes
06-27-2014 02:03 PM
Finally found the solution after 3 weeks. Tried and manupulated all drivers and NIC lan card of my hp laptop dv6 7011tx.
UNINSTALL HP Quick Launch which caused the whole lot of problems and do the following
- Shut down laptop
- Remove power cable & battery
- Press power switch for 30 sec
- Attach power
- Power up laptop without battery
- Switch on wifi ---it works
- Now switch on the laptop with battery
HP quick launch describes itself as "
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot