Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Folio Convertible 13-AK1017nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a brand new (less than a week) Folio Convertible that will not turn on from either shutdown or hibernation. The unit will only turn on if I plug in the AC first, otherwise the power button does nothing. 

I have upgraded to F.15 BIOS and updated Win 10. "If the unit is in sleep mode, the power button will turn on the system, but once it times out and hibernates, it will not turn again unless the AC it plugged in. The battery does not drain during this time it is off and works fine once it is booted.

I can't seem to find anything on the boards on these models and don't see any thing recent in a search. Faulty unit?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Frizzgig, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Let's try reinstalling the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery 

1) In the search box, type, and open “Device Manager”. 

2) Expand “Batteries”. 

3) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there. 

4) Click on “Uninstall”. 

5) At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver 

6) Shutdown the computer. 

7) Remove the battery for a minute and then put it back in. 

😎 When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver. 

9) Go to Device Manager. 

10) Expand Batteries. 

11) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there. 

12) Click "Search automatically for updated driver software". Do the same thing with Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller. 

Also, try updating the computer - 

Step 1 Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates. 

2) Check for updates. 

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Step 2 HP Support Assistant Updates - 

1) In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 

2) Check for updates. 

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

This document has the most relevant troubleshooting if your battery appears to be not charging- Battery Does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried following your instructions but here are the issues I ran into:

1) When choosing "Uninstall" I get an alert box asking if I'm sure. It does not offer a choice to remove the driver

2) This is a folio portfolio model with the leather casing. There is no battery to remove that I can see or access

The battery does charge and holds a charge without issue.  Isn't this possibly a hardware issue since the power button will not work unless the AC is plugged in? It's as if the keyboard is connected by USB but USB is not allowed to wake the computer. Once the AC is plugged in, then the power button lights, and I can turn the computer on.

Please advise.

HP Recommended

@Frizzgig

This looks like a hardware issue.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your PC

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.