12-07-2011 07:15 PM
12-07-2011 07:29 PM
My laptop is becoming really slow and keeps on freezing up (checked all viruses program, no viruses) and we have a HP g71-340us and the processor Intel Core 2 Duo ,T6600. Is it a possibility that I can upgrade my processor to the second generation i's or maybe ivy bridge?
The best CPU you can have is:
P8700 2.53-GHz processor (3-MB L2 cache, 1066-MHz front-side bus (FSB)).
You can't upgrade it to the Sandy or Ivy Bridge processors, the chipset (plus the socket on the motherboard) and also the laptop's BIOS (whitelist) won't let you do it..
HP ProBook 640 Sabayon LInux
HP Touchpad provided by HP
*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot