annnnnabel Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Forgotten password

I don't know how to work this website much so won't let me change notebook to pc, but recently I changed my password and I've forgotten it but when I press reset it asks for a USB ? I've read all the other feedbacks and they say about pressing f11 but I've tried this and nothing happens I remain on the signing in page, help?
3 REPLIES 3
Dean
Dean
11043 11018 574 1616
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Forgotten password

> Recently I changed my password and I've forgotten it but when I press reset it asks for a USB ?

Did you run a program to create a "password reset" file?  It would have asked you to insert a USB memory-stick.

If you did not run that program, you cannot use that option.

> I've read all the other feedbacks and they say about pressing f11 but I've tried this and nothing happens

> I remain on the signing in page, help? 

Google-search for "Nordahl offline password".

Download this program, and burn it to a CD-recordable disk.

Insert that disk into your computer.

Turn your computer off.

Turn your computer on, and follow the on-screen instructions to force it to boot from the CD-R.

The program will have on-screen instructions on how to "blank" the Windows password.

Do it, and then turn the computer off.

Turn the computer on, and Windows should boot.

When it asks for the Windows password, just press ENTER.

Then, set a new password, and run that program to create a "password reset" file onto a USB memory-stick.

0 Kudos
annnnnabel Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Forgotten password

So I have to download it on to a disk? Would it be easier to bring my computer into store ? As I don't want to get any viruses etc knowing me, if not I'll give it a try
Thankyou, annabel
0 Kudos
Dean
Dean
11043 11018 574 1616
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Forgotten password

> Would it be easier to bring my computer into store ?

Yes, of course.  Print my first response, and take it with the computer, to document what you want them to do.

Be sure to tell them that you DO NOT WANT THEM TO RE-INSTALL WINDOWS.

Although that would accomplish the same result, namely of deleting the password, all your personal files could be LOST, and any programs that you have installed could be GONE.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation