11-23-2010 08:29 AM
Just a small warning about the BIOS version F.35 A
Updating to that bios may disable your motherboard.
I have a G62-a50SM and after updating to that bios both graphic cards got disabled.
I sent it in for repairs and they replaced the motherboard and told me that HP is aware that that bios may disable the motherboard for that model, and told me to wait for a newer version of the bios and then update. (Why is that bios still available for download on their site for my model then?)
So, if you don't have a warranty, you should stay away from bios version F.35 A
11-23-2010 01:07 PM - edited 11-23-2010 01:14 PM
A great way to sell new laptops, thanks HP, it should be pulled immediately.
Does not apply to all G62 models. My G62 147nr has a different motherboard and bios.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot