Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

OK GMA4500M graphics 

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Graphics-Media-Accelerator-GMA-4500M.20379.0.html

"The mGPU is integrated in the Intel GM40 and GL40 chipsets and designed for cheap laptops."

HP Recommended

Ok thanks. Not concerned about Gpu.

HP Recommended

That was not the point. Get the T9900 and see for yourself it does not work. You can lead the horse to water...all that and you give yourself the solution. Good luck. 

HP Recommended

Well. Maybe you should have made yourself more clear. Also, you've kept saying the dual cores will not work, but the specs. for my Notebook clearly state that it came with a dual core. I don't understand. I have made the choice for the P8700. Another thing: Maybe everyone else is not as Computer literate as you seem to think you are. I would rather you not reply any more since it's apparant you think  I do not deserve to know the right answer, that I don't believe you know.

HP Recommended

As I said...horse, water. My first comment:

You have the special motherboard for the GL71 that has the Intel GL40 chipset. It only supports Celeron and Pentium Dual processors, not Core 2 Duos.

Never said it will not support dual cores. Good luck

HP Recommended

Thank You

HP Recommended

i HAVE THE EXACT SAME g71-449WM. tHE 4500 IS THE MAX YOU CAN RUN WITH g40 CHIPSET. mINE WAS DOING THE SAM THINGS AS YOURS. aLL IT TOOK WAS A NEW bATTERY AND A NEW a/c ADAPTER AND IT STARTED WORKING NORMAL AGAIN.I

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.