Level 1
12 5 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Games crashing when launched in Nvidia graphics card

Pavilion bc406tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My games have been crashing since I updated Nvidia driver through Geforce Experience. Ever since then if I load game through Nvidia Graphics Card, it runs for few seconds and screen freezes for a moment,then it crashes. The same game runs fine using intel graphics..

I tried uninstalling Nvidia driver and installing updated driver cleanly but problem still persists. Please help me!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16,590 16,503 934 1,049
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Anand_Nakat

Welcome to HP support community.

I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution; 

When was the last time it worked without these issues (date)? 

Which games are causing these issues and are they online games or installed on your PC? 

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on HP Forums? 

What is the product number of your computer? (Ensure you don't share any personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc..). 

  

In the meantime, you may try the below steps, as even if the game is compatible with your system hardware it may have a slow performance because you are using the windows 8, 8.1 or 10 as the OS uses most of the CPU & graphics card usage, you might want to reduce the visual effects for windows to save the amount of CPU & Graphics card usage required to run your game properly. 

  

Here's how you do it: 

• Go to Start Menu > click on Settings. 

• Type performance > choose Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.  

• In the new window, go to the Visual Effects and select Adjust for best performance. 

• click Apply and ok...this should do the trick. 

If the issue persists, The best way to resolve the issue is to follow the suggestions of the HP Guided Troubleshooter:  

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern). 

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS. 
(by the end of this document, all the issues should be resolved) 

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Anand_Nakat
Level 1
12 5 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't know the exact  last date but it was 21st Sept 2019..And then after few days this issue appeared. I updated Nvidia Geforce driver released on 1st Oct.  I'm not sure if it caused the issue.

I used to play games like GTA 5, Far Cry 4, all offline which were installed on pc itself.

I tried to do clean install of Nvidia driver, but didn't solve the issue.

Product no: 4WC97PA#ACJ

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16,590 16,503 934 1,049
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Anand_Nakat

Did you reinstall the game and check if that helps?

Meanwhile:

Run Extensive system test to check for hardware failures.

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.

4. Click Extensive Test.

5. Click Run once, or Loop until error. While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component are shown on the screen.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation