Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,So Paul can I upgrade my processor?

HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the quickspecs for your notebook.

Supported processors are listed on page 4

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/13963_div/13963_div.PDF

I would say if you have the i3 2310m or higher, you can ugrade to any of the other i3 or i5 processors listed.

I'm not sure if you have the i3-370m, if that needs a different motherboard in order to go to a better one.

Paul

HP Recommended

i bought the hp 630 with 500hdd and 4g ram, the total video memory is 1078mb  and dedicated video memory is 128mbbut after i changed the os to win8 (win7 preinsalled) the dedicated memory is now 0mb. what can i do about it even when i tried restoring back to factory settings, it's still the same.

HP Recommended
i use hp 630 core i3-2330M 2.20GHz..pls can i change the processor? And to which one pls. I need to upgrade it..pls help
HP Recommended

Hi Kevin123.

Thank  you for your inquiry.

Would you please  see the post by Paul_Tikkanen above  and click on the link provided. I believe he has provided your answer.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Hello Sir, 

I own A hp 630 notebook with:

Intel core i3 M370 (2.4 GHz) Processor

4GB DDR3 Memory

500GB HDD

Can I Upgrade My Memory to 8GB? And if yes, can You please Recommend me which one to buy?

HP Recommended

ah dude we get that we cant install a new grafics card cause it aint a card its a chipset WHAT WE ARE ASKING IS WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE DAME THING SO WE CAN DOWNLOAD THE DRIVER FOR THE FING THING ALOT OF PEOPLE REALIZE WINDOWS IS THE PEACE OF CRAP AND SWITCH SO WE NEED TO KNOW WHAT THE DRIVERS WE NEED ARE

HP Recommended
Most older laptops will just the new ones think people dont wont to Costomize there stuff so your stuck with the crap it comes with
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.