12-21-2016 04:27 PM
The screen is now blank and does not do anything. I restarted and the same issue occurred.
My laptop is OUT OF WARRANTY - bought in 2014 and had no issues with the laptop up until now. The support team on Twitter ran through tests with me on this issue and advised that the Hard Drive needs to be replaced due to the Hard Drive Short DAT Check Failure - just now wondering whether any of the data can be recovered and how to go about it? Any help will be appreciated!!!
12-21-2016 04:34 PM - edited 12-21-2016 04:39 PM
Probably. You have to stop trying to boot the laptop and physically remove the hard drive.
Here's the Service Manual:
See p. 43 and 49 for "how to". This is not real easy to do. Post back if you need more help and we can likely find a video.
It will be very similar to this:
Once you get the hard drive out you need a usb to SATA adapter like this:
Hook this to the hard drive and then attach the usb to another computer and it is likely possible to retrieve data.
If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot