Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15-Ba601ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When the HDD is installed in a sled instead of a CD, the laptop starts to slow down and the HDD gives errors. How to fix it? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Law1986 

By "sled", I take it to mean some kind of plugin adapter in which the HDD is mounted, right?

The problem with doing what you have done is that the internal attachment for the adapter is designed for an optical drive, not a hard drive, so it is going to function a LOT slower.  There is no fix for this as you are using that slot for something it was not intended.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Works in other models. Been in a laptop of ACER, everything works.

HP Recommended

@Law1986 

That really doesn't mean much -- as different laptops treat their optical connections differently.

The problem is that this laptop does not provide the sam bandwidth over the optical connection -- and there is nothing you can do about that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.