Dave-6676 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HELP!! My hp 100 deskjet portable portable will not recognize a new tricolor cartridge.

hp deskjet 100 portable print
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

HP deskjest 100 portable printer will not recognize a new tri color cartridge (98). Just says :  "cartridge not installed"

When I put back the old one that is out of ink, it works fine.  I have tried several new ones and all say same message.

I have physically looked for any possible mechanical issue but found none.  The printer is about 3 years old but has printed maybe 200 pages.      Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7692 7684 420 575
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HELP!! My hp 100 deskjet portable portable will not recognize a new tricolor cartridge.

@Dave-6676,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that your printer does detect the new cartridges.

This issue could occur if the electrical contacts on the printer or the cartridges are defective.

Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: http://hp.care/2qA3aNg

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation