Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 14-G102AU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, i have Laptop  HP 14-G102AU with 2 GB RAM Installed on it. and when i try to upgrade RAM from 2GB to 4GB i got a blank screen on my laptop, and caps lock key blinking 3 times. when i look the memori, 2GB has information " 2GB 1Rx16 PC3L 12800S" and 4GB (new one, i buy on online market) has "4GB 2Rx8 PC3L 12800S" . my question is, why my laptop got blank and blinking on caps lock key, its matter beetwen 1Rx16 and 2Rx8 ? because when i try 4GB ram on another laptop with dual channel memory it work .

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@LuckyNoob

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Have you tried updating the system BIOS after installing the new ram?

BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Im already update the bios to the lastest version, but still not working

HP Recommended

@LuckyNoob

Thank you for posting back.

Since you have already tried most of the troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue,

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.