Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

No, reboot first and run the 2 commands.

Now go to "Start" and the gear-symbol Settings
In the header you see "System"
The 6th entry should be storage
Click that and then in the storage management you find a gear-symbol
storage-settings
Storage for new contents
Here you select all items except new apps and select the Data-Partition D and activate
When ready you find the folders
D:\<name>\Documents etc. in the D-Partition

In the final step you go to
C:\users\<name>
Here you find all personal folders that will be directed to the D-Partition
Ex. Rightclick on Documents and select properties.
Select the path-tab and change the setting from
C:\users\<name>\Documents to D:\<name>\Documents
So just change C ==> D and delete users\
Repeat this with all folders except "OneDrive"

OneDrive is a different procedure.

When ready you are done and you have separated personal files from Windows files.

In the end you go back to "Settings" "System" "Storage" and select Temporary Files. Select everything and delete them

You are ready for a Backup of your System!

HP Recommended

I'm using windows 11 and it is different.

At the Storage Setting window I have 3 options one titled "Advanced storage Settings" is that the one? if so it shows the following

Removed PII

Not sure how to proceed with 

HP Recommended

Select New Documents and in the pull-down menue Windows C you find D

HP Recommended

Ok I successfully selected 😧 for all pull down menus except New apps.

but before going too much further I noticed that when the reboot occurred earlier that it booted with one of the other user names (mine in this case on this laptop) and not the principal user (my wife) her's is the one that has Documents, picture, etc. so when I went to the D section I didn't find any of her files. I also tried to change Users on the computer but it only has my user name. I hope I don't have to g back to square 1:(

HP Recommended

Don't worry! Everything is OK. You can finish the steps first.

Then you have to create a new account for your wife.

RightClick on "Start" and select Computermanagement. There you can create a new account.

When that is done it is the same procedure 

She has to login and do the same steps with storage.

But right now it's after midnight and for me time to go to bed.

Tomorrow I will check because I am not so familiar with WIN 11

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help. If you are off for the next several days I wish you a very Merry Christmas!

HP Recommended

If you haven't created a user account for your wife till now do it like this:
RightClick on "Start"
select Run and type in
control userpasswords2
add
(select without Microsoft account
Local account

Important: Once a new account is created, it is difficult to delete it completely! You can hide it, but deleting is very problematic.

Next step
Create a Folder in the D-Partition and name it "Notebook"
Create 2 Subfolders "Windows" and "HP"

In the "Windows" Subfolder you can save all instructions from this Setup-Guide in a Notepad-File
Run PowerShell (admin) and type
Get-Computerinfo
Ctrl+a;  Ctrl+c and paste the information to a Notepad.txt file
In the "HP" Subfolder you can save all manuals from the HP
https://support.hp.com/au-en/product/hp-14-df0000-laptop-pc/23201152/model/24575823/manuals

I have no idea about your BIOS-Version. You find it in the above "Get-Computerinfo"
On the support-page you find F.63 Rev.A When extracting the sp113375 (7-Zip) you find an old 0852C_F57.bin! Without any explanation!
It shows how quality control works at HP
But do not run the setup from WIN11. Once I tested a BIOS-Flash from WinPE and it worked. I also don`t know if the Insydeflash Version supports a BIOS==>BIOS flash

You should be ready for your first Backup.
But before you run any Backup, you should excecute in cmd (admin)
powercfg /h off
That command delets the big HIBERFIL.SYS. It can be 5 or 6 GB and it is not needed when you have an NVMe

There is also a NVMe driver on the crucial webpage. It might work better than the MS driver

So far for today. Merry Christmas

HP Recommended

Before continuing:

I did create my wife's account although using a different approach last night , one that ties it to her MS account. so I think I'm good there.

I had completed half of the instructions on "message 61"  (the 😧 instructions) and was about to do the part for 

"In the final step you go to
      C:\users\<name>"

Looking in the C: folders they are there but are they supposed to be empty? 

HP Recommended

Yes, they must be empty! The import of the files from the old 128 GB SSD will be the last and final step.

But you have to move the folders to the D-Partition first.

HP Recommended

Okay almost there. My Bios is F.64

Not sure what you mean by 

"But do not run the setup from WIN11. Once I tested a BIOS-Flash from WinPE and it worked. I also don`t know if the Insydeflash Version supports a BIOS==>BIOS flash"  ---What Setup do I need to run and from where?

Also, I have typed the "powercfg /h off" not sure if it ran as it immediately returned the cursor to the next line  (should it say  it executed?) anyway to confirm?

Other than that I think I am ready to run back-up. 

I probably won't be engaging for the next couple of days to be with family (or I won't have one if I don't stop now 🙂 ). Thanks again for all your help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.