Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
14s-dk0113AU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

NVME speeds on HP 14s-dk0113AU

wd black 512 gb (NVME)
Competitive models show read 3000 (MB / s) and write 2000 (MB / s).

On the HP 14s-dk0113AU model
Read 850 (MB / s), write 800-600 (MB / s), measured.

Is PCIe3.0 x4 supported?

top80.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@jsps1056
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

After reading your post, I did go through the Product specifications of your product and found that you have 256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD drive installed on the PC.

See the below table on SSD configuration:

Click here: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06242992 to know more about SSD upgrade. ( refer to Table 1-1 Product components and their descriptions)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your technical support document.

What I'm curious about is how far nvme speed is supported.
800 MB / s is sata speed at x1.
Models supporting nvme x2 speeds range from 1600 to 2000 MB / s.
I think that the nvme model that provides normal x4 should be 3200 ~ 3500 MB / s.

Is it possible that the default speed of nvme m.2 ssd (800 MB / s) provides a limited speed, or 14s-dk0113au does not support x4?

Thank you for the answer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.