Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I bought an HP 14s-fq0037nl, which has the F.22 BIOS. The Notebook is sold with eMMC memory, despite this I bought an M2 Crucial P2 500GB PCIe M.2 2280SS SSD for my HP 14s-fq0037nl as suggested on your site: https://it.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/hp---compaq/hp-14s-fq0037nl.

Installed but not seen, neither from windows nor starting the BIOS.

How to solve?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

That is Crucial's site, not HP. The Service Manual shows that the models with the AMD3020e and 64 gig eMMC is a different motherboard. Very likely the M.2 slot is not activated on that motherboard and the NVME M.2 will not work. I would seek a return authorization from Crucial. 

Service Manual 

HP Recommended

From your experience there is no way to activate it?

HP Recommended

I can't say I have ever had the laptop in my hands. I think there may be a chance a SATA M.2 would work, but really have no reason to say that. I think when they solder the eMMC to the motherboard that precludes the use of another storage device. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.