Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP-15-1058tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Currently I have purchased Hp 15-1058TU , which having 4 GB of Ram installed in slot 1 with below configuration Part Number - Samsung M471A5244CB0-CTD Memory Size - 4096 MB Maximum Memory Speed -2400 MHz Memory Type -DDR4 Type Details - Synchronous . If i want to upgrade RAM to 12 GB (4 GB already Installed and want to add 8 GB) ,adding 8 GB Ram of Below configuration Samsung - M471A1K43CB1 CRC DDR4 2400 SODIMM 8GB. Will it be compatible or will not fit for my laptop ?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Abhisek_Kundu 

The existing one is also from Samsung. Most likely the second one is compatible but 4GB+8GB is not a good option, to get full benefit of dual channel architecture you are much better to use 4GB+4GB or 8GB+8GB.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks Banhien for your reply. I totally satisfied with your answer.

As per my understanding , If i choose 4Gb+4Gb combination then dual channel architecture will works for both 4 GB Ram , if i choose 8GB+8GB combination then dual channel architecture will works for both 8 GB Ram.

Now if i choose 4gb +8gb then dual channel architecture will works for 4GB for first Ram and 4 GB for second 8GB Ram(Remaining 4 GB will works as Single channel). Also i get to know that , second slot is not suitable for 4 GB Ram(Min 8 GB Ram).

Please suggest if i remove the 4 GB from slot 1 and replaced both slot by 8 GB(Total 8+8 = 16GB) will be great option or just put the 8 GB in the second slot(Total 4+8=12 GB) for the time being.In the second option , only i need to purchase one 8GB rather than two 8 GB.

Thanks in advance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.