Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-ac135ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hardware: Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter
Driver: installed from RTLWlanE_WindowsDriver_2023.56.0502.2017_DUA. L

Problem for more than 1 year:
The internet (WLAN) connection very often disconnects, the connection time is very different (e.g. between one minute and 2 hours).
I reconnect by disabling/enabling the Wi-Fi  network adapter, and I do this rather often within a day.

Usually, the router is  behind a thin wall. Tentatively, I put it in front of the notebook  (without a wall  between  router and notebook)  for some days.
Result: no improvement.

My  Internet provider advised me to try everything what I can do with the software of the Fritz! Box7582.
Result: no improvement.

The W10  device manager always said: WLAN adapter is ok, driver is ok.

Nevertheless, I removed the WLAN adapter today and replaced it with a new one  (HP Original Part 792610-005).
The W10 Device Manager says: everything is ok.
But in reality: no improvement, the problem exists unimproved.

Last activity:

HP Hardware Diagnostics Windows says: everything is ok with Wi-Fi.

But during wireless stress test (ping) the Wi-Fi (WLAN) connection crashes.

Is there a solution?

Thx in advance for your help,
Josef alias B-757

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@b-757 

I did say above: "You do not have many choices because it in an older generation". You can try your luck.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@b-757 

It is a wifi adapter which supports only 802.11 bgn (means slow). You do not have many choices because it in an older generation. I'm using the following adapter for my 11 years old and it works not the best but up to 10 times faster than the old card

https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Networking/Adapters/67965-USB-AC53-NANO

Other vendors have similar products and may be cheaper too (I bough it around Easter 2020, same shop above and paid only A$39)

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your hints.
If I understand you correctly, my problem of online-offline is a problem of fast WiFi adapter - slow WiFi adapter.
If so, I will buy a faster adapter (such as you proposed: USB-connected).

My router "FRITZ! Box 7582"  can work faster.
IEEE 802.11a – 54 Mbps
IEEE 802.11b – 11 Mbps
IEEE 802.11g – 54 Mbps
IEEE 802.11n – 450 Mbps
IEEE 802.11ac – 1300 Mbps

Regards,
Josef / B-757

HP Recommended

@b-757 

I did say above: "You do not have many choices because it in an older generation". You can try your luck.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

I downgraded the WiFi driver to the oldest version, and now the WiFi adapter works relatively stable.

When it will begin to buck, I will try my luck with help of a USB adapter.

Many thanks for your support,

Josef / B-757

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.