Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-ay123ng (1JN25EA)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys, 

I would like to improve my laptop a bit. and put it another 8gb RAM or buy a 16GB RAM. Which one can I use (is it DDR4?) and what is the maximum ram possible with this Laptop (

Will this 8GB RAM work? Is it possible to put in 16gb RAM as well?
https://www.amazon.de/Corsair-CMSO8GX4M1A2133C15-Select-2133Mhz-Schwarz/dp/B01ACODGMC/ref=sr_1_3?__m...

Thank you very much for your help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

This is your Service Manual:

Manual 

See pp. 52-57. Memory is DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM which downclocks to -2133. Stated max is a pair of 8 gig modules for 16 total but it will run a pair of 16 gig modules for 32 total. 

You likely will not get better performance with 32 gigs over 16. So you need to add one 8 gig module. You can, but I advise against doing it, add a 16 gig to the 8 gig to have 24. Because you would not have dual channel when mixing modules of different size, 24 gigs may actually perform worse than 16. 

Crucial RAM CT16G4SFD824A 16GB DDR4 2400 MHz CL17: Amazon.de: Computer & Zubehör

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.