Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (167 Views)

HP 15 battery plugged in but not charging at 0%

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP 15 Notebook PC
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My HP 15 Notebook is almost 2 years old and all of the sudden the battery stops working. I know that the battery's performance has decreased a bit but it shouldnt be dead. One day a wake up to find that it doesnt turn on so i plug n the charger and it turns on and says consider replacing the battery soon but after a few minutes i realize it says plugged in but not charging at 0% (and it wasnt at 0% when i turned it off) When I try to run a battery test in HP support assistant it keeps saying status unknown (so how can it tell that I need a new battery but cant detect it which is why i think its a glitch) and that i should remove and then re insert the battery but still nothing changes and it it telling me that I have the updated version. I've tried uninstalling the battery drivers multiple times after which i was notified that a drive was missing and had to reset my laptop (for the second time the frist being after windows 10 caused a drive to "go missing") and still nothing.

I am desperate please help me

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (106 Views)

Re: HP 15 battery plugged in but not charging at 0%

Hello@Jo32,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I have read your post and understand that you need assistance in fixing the issue with the battery on the PC which is not charging. I will definitely help you.

I was able to find a suitable solution for the issue you have mentioned in your original post.

I request you to follow the steps form the link below and check if that solves the issue.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03325217

Hope that answers your question. Let me know for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation