Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I own a HP-15-ef1041nr laptop

Need to do 2 upgrades:

1. Can I ADD an extra M2 SSD 1 TB hard drive or should I have to change de current 256 GB drive and replace it with the new 1 TB ?

2. Can I ADD an extra 8 GB DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 RAM memory chip ?

3. How can I add / replace the hard drive?

4. How can I add the extra 8 GB RAM ?

Best regards and thank you in advance for your help !!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP only has the service manual for the older 15-ef0xxx model series.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP 15 Laptop PC

According to chapter 1 of that manual, your notebook only has one slot for a SSD, so you would need to remove the existing 256 GB NVMe SSD and install one having a larger storage capacity.

The notebook has two memory slots and can support up to 2 x 8 GB of memory according to the manual.

The manual also has the procedures to remove and replace the SSD and the memory in chapter 5.

Here is a service teardown video for the 15-ef0xxx model series, which hopefully will be the same as taking apart your model.

Removing & Replacing Parts | HP 15-ef0000 Laptop PC | HP Computer Service | @HPSupport - YouTube

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP only has the service manual for the older 15-ef0xxx model series.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP 15 Laptop PC

According to chapter 1 of that manual, your notebook only has one slot for a SSD, so you would need to remove the existing 256 GB NVMe SSD and install one having a larger storage capacity.

The notebook has two memory slots and can support up to 2 x 8 GB of memory according to the manual.

The manual also has the procedures to remove and replace the SSD and the memory in chapter 5.

Here is a service teardown video for the 15-ef0xxx model series, which hopefully will be the same as taking apart your model.

Removing & Replacing Parts | HP 15-ef0000 Laptop PC | HP Computer Service | @HPSupport - YouTube

HP Recommended

Thank you so much Paul for your prompt response and links to manual and video.  I will review both and see how it goes.  👌👍💯

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.