Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15S-FQ2045NT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have FQ2045NT and I saw some people have 2666 MHz cl19 ram version and some people have cl22 3200 MHz ram version. Mine is 2666 MHz cl 19 and I want to upgrade it to 3200 MHz cl22. Can I do this or should I use the same MHz version? The thing is people using the same motherboard and CPU with 3200 MHz and 2666 MHz.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I am surprised that HP uses DDR4-2666 MHz memory in notebook's with the Intel 11th gen core processors.

I would have assumed that the processor and system board would run the memory at 3200 MHz.

Intel shows the memory speed at 3200.

Intel® Core™ i3-1115G4 Processor (6M Cache, up to 4.10 GHz) Product Specifications

You should have no problem using a compatible 3200 MHz along with the 2666 MHz memory chip, but the memory will all run at 2666 MHz.

What would really be interesting would be to see if the PC runs the memory at the full 3200 MHz with just a 3200 MHz memory chip installed.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

I am surprised that HP uses DDR4-2666 MHz memory in notebook's with the Intel 11th gen core processors.

I would have assumed that the processor and system board would run the memory at 3200 MHz.

Intel shows the memory speed at 3200.

Intel® Core™ i3-1115G4 Processor (6M Cache, up to 4.10 GHz) Product Specifications

You should have no problem using a compatible 3200 MHz along with the 2666 MHz memory chip, but the memory will all run at 2666 MHz.

What would really be interesting would be to see if the PC runs the memory at the full 3200 MHz with just a 3200 MHz memory chip installed.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer,

I am so lucky that I got 2666 MHz versions instead of 3200 MHz 🙂 

So you can't say certain things about it, right? Because If I buy the ram It will have CL22 and mine is CL19 It will not work together with the best performance I guess. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The memory will bridge to the same clock speed as the original one, so the CL22 memory will run at CL19.

Shouldn't be a problem.

I recommend you purchase a compatible Crucial DDR4-3200 memory chip for your notebook.

Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | hp - compaq | hp 15s-fq2xxx series | HP 15s-fq2045nt | Crucial UK

HP Recommended

Thank you for your recommendation.

Some people say that you must use the same Ram brand with your laptop but Crucial is recommending their Rams, Interesting. I guess that wouldn't make any problem.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I usually recommend Crucial since they guarantee compatibility.

I have other brand memory and Crucial memory in my HP PC's and never had a problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.