Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15q-bu106TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi There I am putting HP M.2 SSD In My HP

15q-bu106TX  LAPTOP but i have some other question its about RAM

in this laptop do i have to  8 GB 2400 MHZ RAM 2 sticks or  16 GB Ram 2 Sticks  Like 8x2= 16GB or 16x2 = 32GB  what is the maximum RAM Support I ll get with This LAPTOP

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Here is the Service Manual:

Manual

The model you ask about ships with 1 x 4 gig module of DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM. The Manual says 2 x 8 gig = 16 is the max but it will take 2 x 16 = 32 gigs. There are two slots. 

Start on p. 43 for disassembly instructions. 

https://www.amazon.in/Crucial-Single-PC4-19200-Unbuffered-260-Pin/dp/B019FRDKWI/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=...

The above link will let you purchase 4, 8 or 16 gig modules that are compatible. 

Post back with any other questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

manual say till only 7th gen laptops and i think this laptop also support only 16 Gb Ram Maximum So i guess i have to purchase 8 GB Ram 2 module

HP Recommended

It will run 32 gigs of RAM but 16 is plenty for almost anyone. Good luck. 

HP Recommended

thank you sir since i was trying to use this for 3d software's like cad and 3d max and Revit  so i think i ll try to install 32 gb RAM 16x2 Sticks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.