Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15s - du1014tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hp 15-du1014tu consume too much of power for FHD IPS led display.

When I watch online YouTube videos with 480p , I can use laptop only for 2.5h with battery power. This is a first time I'm using HP laptop. earlier I used Dell laptop. but Dell laptop battery managment is much better than the HP laptop. 

I totally disappointed with HP laptop.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@David-91

I understand your concerns.

In taht case, I would suggets you conatct our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have  anice day!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@David-91 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing issues with the battery.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Below I've listed a series of steps that should help your cause: 

• Video about improving your notebook battery performance 

• How long does a notebook battery last? 

• Adjusting notebook battery power plans 

• Factors that contribute to loss of notebook battery capacity 

• Recommended notebook battery care practices 

• Original battery charges slowly, replacement battery charges normally 

• Special recommendations for embedded (not customer replaceable) notebook batteries 

• Tips for conserving notebook battery power 

For more details, Click here​​​​​​ 

Please  try the below: 

Steps to uninstall the ACPI drivers 

Right-Click on start button> click device manager> Batteries>then select the s drivers and right-click on it and uninstall all battery drivers. 

Then restart the computer and check again. 

Link for battery testing and calibration 

Also, update the BIOS.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

I need to know some information about hp battery.

1. Normally in Dell laptop when we connect the battery charger to laptop. it's shows the remaining time to full charge the battery (100%).  but hp laptop where is the details? 

2. how to check the battery details in BIOS. (battery percentage , battery use status - log file).

3. Can I use the latop with AC power for more than 8hours.

4. Why windows 10 2004 srartup slowly with battery power, but at the same time with AC power it's start quickly. why is that? 

laptop- 15 du1014tu FHD IPS LED DISPLAY.

Hdd- 1TB.

ram 4GB.

HP Recommended

@David-91

In that case, I would suggets you perform the battery test on the HP support assistance.

You will get all the battery information of the battery test.

Have you updated the BIOS?

Please perform the battery test using the F2 option.

1. Power off the PC and make sure that it is completely powered off.

2. Press the power button and the moment you press the power button immediately start tapping F2 key, you should see the system diagnostics screen.

3. Look for the component test, under that all the hardware will be listed, please choose Battery and initiate the quick test.

Note: If it fails it will generate a 24 digits alphanumeric failure id, please capture that.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

thank you for your reply.

is it ok for downgrade the bios , hp du1014tu driver support website they given F.20 Rev A version for windows 10 1909 and for latest windows 10 2004 they given bios version is F.13 Rev A.

just I noted hp du1014tu intel graphics perfoemance consume double battery power for just for play the videos on YouTube. please update the Intel graphics driver.

Actually I'm very frustrated with hp 15s-du1014tu compare to Dell inspiron 3593 laptop.

Note: basically hp laptop doesn't have peoper informaton in bios (even hdd capacity also not available) but battery drain quickly. for Dell laptop have basic information and battery drain also less compare to hp.

I think I wasted my money for worse laptop.

Sorry to say, I never ever recommend hp laptop for my campus friends.

HP Recommended

thank you for your reply.

is it ok for downgrade the bios , hp du1014tu driver support website they given F.20 Rev A version for windows 10 1909 and for latest windows 10 2004 they given bios version is F.13 Rev A.

just I noted hp du1014tu intel graphics perfoemance consume double battery power for just for play the videos on YouTube. please update the Intel graphics driver.

Actually I'm very frustrated with hp 15s-du1014tu compare to Dell inspiron 3593 laptop.

Note: basically hp laptop doesn't have peoper informaton in bios (even hdd capacity also not available) but battery drain quickly. for Dell laptop have basic information and battery drain also less compare to hp.

I think I wasted my money for worse laptop.

Sorry to say, I never ever recommend hp laptop for my campus friends.

HP Recommended

@David-91

In taht case, I would suggets you conatct our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have  anice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.