Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP EX920 NVMe SSD
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a faulty HP 1TB EX920 with product number 2YY47AA#ABC that came in a retail box with claimed 5 year warranty as well as a product manual with warranty section that says to go to support.hp.com for any issues or warranty claims. I can't contact support or file for a warranty claim or even register the product as the HP support site does not recognize either the serial number or the product number. I can also not exchange or return the item to the original retailer as their 30 days return period is up. I only just opened the box and installed the drive a few days ago.

The drive has slow and stuttery performance that is affecting the whole computer system. Opening video files will take several seconds sometimes and stutter during playback. Seeking through the video is not smooth and will stutter frequently. Opening folders and programs and clicking menus will have sporadic delays and slowness before the action is completed. Sometimes folders refuse to open and will say "working on it" for five seconds or longer  before finally showing the files. Downloading files in the background at a slow speed will make the rest of the system stutter and hiccup even more. I have a secondary SSD in my system, a Western Digital Green drive that is only SATA, and when playing back the same video files, there are no sporadic delays when opening or p[laying back the video files and seeking is smooth. The sequential read speed of the drive has also dropped significantly since when first installed. I initially got 3000 MB/s in crystaldiskmark after a fresh windows install a few days ago. Now no matter how much I run it, I can only get 1900-2000 MB/s, a 33% reduction in performance. I have all the latest drivers and updates installed on my system. There is no firmware update for the EX920 as there is no support page on HP's website and you can't even register for warranty.

I am also experiencing the same problem that other people with the same drive are experiencing on this forum. The temperature reading is constantly stuck at 54C degrees. Whether idling, transferring large quantities of files, or being burned alive in a fire pit, it will show the same 54C temperature. The sensor, controller, or firmware that reads it is clearly broken.

[content removed]

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I can ask a moderator to escalate your issue and put you in contact with the appropriate team at HP.

Threats are not needed. 

All you had to do was post here as you have done.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

@lisabacon1955

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Barachiel is at your service. 

I Understand you are in need of support,

And to help you out, I'm sending out a Private message with the required information's,

Good Luck. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Filing a consumer complaint is not a "threat" of any sort and having the line removed from my post is clearly indicative of the sort of support I am going to receive. This "support" is also giving me the same canned response in my message inbox that others have complained about.

"While further researching your question I have found some great information so you no longer need to worry or be concerned. Per my research online I found that Most SSDs are rated for running within a temperature range of 0ºC up to a max temp of 70ºC (32ºF to 158ºF). This temperature is completely normal. "

I will like to reiterate that I will be filing a consumer complaint if this really is the sort of non existent warranty support to be expected from an HP branded retail product. I do live in the United States where there are consumer protection laws and mandatory warranty requirements after all. 

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue with 2YY47AA#ABC, its just outside of 90 days and the seller NewEgg said to get HP to support it yet your website has this item totally removed though you still sell it.  What do I need to do, I need a new drive ASAP.  Its basicall ynew so I shouldnt have to wait by sending it in first and getting the replacement drive later.

HP Recommended

I have this same drive and it has died 100 days old purchased from Newegg  called hp warranty support not recognized as HP product tried on line at HP site and as others stated SN nor p/n not

recognized as HP.  Please advise on how to get warranty honored?  Thanks in advance

HP Recommended

Newegg wouldn't help so I filed a claim with PayPal and they ruled in my favor so Newegg sent me a return label and will be refunding my money. I'll be buying a different SSD from a different company.

HP Recommended

i have the same problem with mine. When a install the disk mark show high speed, today the performances down. The temperature shows -273°C, using the windows default driver. With silicon driver or intel driver, shows 54°C and speed down.

diskmark recem instalado.pngdiskmark com driver silicon.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.