Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HI,
I have a  HP 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Mobile Mouse, and  it stopped working randomly.
I've had it for a while, and it worked perfectly until now. I have a  Compaq Presario CQ62 Laptop. It was working perfect, then the next day I tried it and it wasn't working. First, I tried changing the batteries and that was no success.The mouse turns on, and the red light underneath (the one that shows its on) is on, and the blue light on the scroll is blinking and I don't know what that means. I've tried changing the [little thing in the USB] to a different USB port, that doesn't work. My laptop makes the sound when I plug it in, which indicates that it's plugged in. I reinstalled it and everything and when I did that it said that it was installed. 
Please, I need help. Thank you. 

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

I have exactly the samething going on.  Mine started today.  Same on all fronts changed ports, reinstalled driver, changed battery. 

Hopefully someone has an answer.

HP Recommended

Same thing happened here.  I went to the "Mouse" section of the control panel and set the pointer options to "display pointer trails" and suddenly everything was back to working.

To negate the annoying trails, set the trail display slider to "short".

This is obviously a work-around and not a solution.  If you turn the trails off, the pointer freezes again, even though the mouse actually keeps working (but with no indication of where it is, you could lose your mind trying to work with it.)

How about if HP finds the real solution and fixes the **bleep** thing?

Justin Friedland

HP Recommended

Hey guys. I had this problem yesterday. I solved it. You need to dongle your mouse to the receiver. Receiver is plugged, the mouse os OFF. Hold the top button and turn ON the mouse, keep holding the button for 3 more seconds, and it's done. That worked for me. 

HP Recommended

Out of no where the mouse stopped working after months of no problems.  I tried all of the solutions and nothing worked.  I'm running vista 64 bit.  Tried everything on the machine and even a completely different laptop running Windows 7.  the driver is recognized and installed but nothing but the annoying flashing blue light.  Any other suggestions or is it time to ditch HP mouse and go to a differenet mfg.

This is the second one that's died on me within 1 year.

HP Recommended
pefect man...thank you guy
HP Recommended

I have exactly same problem with this mouse. It would be good if HP put some decent troubleshooting info on their support pages. The pressing a button on top of mouse for 3 seconds had not effect - neither did changing battery

HP Recommended

am having same problem--any solutions yet? pushing buttons does not work!

HP Recommended
Hi

If u don't already have it you need the hp mousesuite software which u can get from hp website. Then u can resynch mouse with laptop. This is what happened to me.
HP Recommended

HP 2.4 wireless optical mobile mouse failed to respond the button clicks. I have changed the batteries and also switched to another computer, re installed the soft ware.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.