Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TCS984
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP 2000 Laptop won't power on

HP Recommended

I have an HP 2000 that won't power up. When you press the power button, the light on the wireless/F12 button comes on, the the light on the caps lock button comes on and blinks serveral times. after that, the system shuts down. Tried removing the battery and holding the power button for 30 seconds and retry startup, but no good. The warranty expired 10/25/12.

Any ideas??

5 REPLIES 5
hptech01
Level 4
144 143 7 17
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

did you tested another power supply?

Can you please check how many times caps led blinks?

Please check if the error is on this code table:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443366

Root cause of issue could be faulty board or cpu.

Any questions or doubts don´t hesitate and ask.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Vils
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It seems to be motherboard issue.  Check and see if you are able to go into BIOS by pressing F10 at startup. If not, if the NB is in warranty kindly call hp for repair.

0 Kudos
TCS984
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for all the tips on trying to determine the problem.

I get 6 flashes on the CAP lock key and then it shut down. Here is what the code chart says.

The BIOS authentication error (Blink code 6) is extremely rare. It is the result of a discrepancy between the BIOS and the hardware that is installed on the computer. This error occurs when the BIOS cannot authenticate signatures from the hardware on the system. The purpose of the BIOS authentication is to be sure that no one has tampered with the BIOS on the computer.
If a BIOS authentication failure occurs, the computer automatically performs a BIOS recovery. If the computer does not automatically recover the BIOS, manually perform a BIOS recovery. To manually perform a BIOS recovery, press all four arrow keys at the same time to cause the BIOS to go to the EFI partition to find and recover the current BIOS.
I tried the fix by hold all 4 arrow keys down on boot up, but no good.
Any other ideas?
0 Kudos
hptech01
Level 4
144 143 7 17
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

there is few things that can be made but i think that board it´s gone already and needs to be replaced.

You can try to remove bios clock battery in this model might be near of hard disk i think.Llet it out of the unit for at least 30seconds then insert plug power supply turn on and simultaneously press windows key+b can try the exact same step but with fn key instead of windows key.

Also make sure you remove memories, and insert one each time to be sure any of them are the root cause of issue.

If result is the same very sad but board is really faulty and need to be replaced.

Any doubts or questions please share so it´s possible to improve.

Best regards

0 Kudos
vexkenya
Level 1
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my adapta id light is on but not powering

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation