Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 250 g7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is one that has been asked but never answered.  I have bought 4 HP 250 g7 laptops, and loaded them with Windows 10 LTSC.  The biggest issue is that the keyboard and synaptic mouse pad will suddenly stop working.  If I have a USB wired or wireless mouse and keyboard, they work but the onboard keyboard and mouspad just stop.  If I hold down the power button for a few seconds, tthe monitor turns off and I'm assuming the laptop goes to sleep.  I press it again and it wakes up, and the keyboard and mouse work again...for a short while.  I suspect it has something to do with the LTSC load, but I can't find anything anywhere about it.  I also can't see where the driver is failing.  I've tried to reinstall it and it just keeps happening.  Please help!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.