Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My HP 32 GB X705 USB 3.0 not showing in my computer but showing in device manager under disk drives, portable devices, universal serial bus controllers. How can i make it work again.(It'sa new pendrive 10 days old). Please help. Thanks in advance.hp.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem. I would appreciate if someone can help, too.

HP Recommended

Your pendrive is not accessable in Computer but is seen in Device Manager.

Most likely the driver is corrupted and needs to be uninstalled.

You can safely remove any usb drivers that are not in use (hidden drivers). Devices that get plugged in later will simply reinstall its needed driver again.

Remove the pen drive from the computer if it’s attached.

Step 1. Go to the Device Manager. Go to View at the top of the window and click on Show Hidden Devices.
  a. Click on the drop down arrow for Universal Serial Bus Controllers to open the list. Look for any USB Mass Storage Device that is hidden (greyed out) and delete it. There may be several and it’s ok to delete all those hidden USB Mass Storage Devices.

b. Click on the drop down arrow for Disk drives to open the list. Look for the name of the pendrive in question. Right click on the drive and Uninstall it.

Step 2. If the hidden drivers do not show up in Device Manager, you will need to enable the feature.

Right click Computer and click on Properties. In the System window on the left side, click on Advanced System Properties.
Choose the Advanced tab and click on Environment Variables… button at the bottom.
Under System Variables, click on the New… button
Type this in the box that pops up. Variable Name: devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices and also give the Variable Value: 1
Click OK on all the open windows to close them out.

Go back and repeat step 1.

When you connect the pen drive to the computer again, give it a minute to reinstall the driver.

HP Recommended

I tried a couple of times as you instructed, but I don't seem to be able to get the right driver. Is there any website I can get a correct driver for my HP x702w 128GB USB Flash Drive.

HP Recommended

The driver is built into the USB drive and installs when connected. There is no driver to download.

Are you disconnecting the drive and uninstalling ALL of the hidden drivers when you do this?

If so, have you tried the pendrive on another computer to test with?

If it will not work correctly on any computer, then you need to contact HP Support directly for warranty help.

HP Recommended

many many thanx 2 U 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.