03-18-2013 11:53 PM
1. Product Name and Number
HP 4540s which came with win8 64bit preinstalled
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
3. Error message (if any)
finger print reader no longer functions, no prompt, does not show in protect tools to add credentials, its like it doesn't exist.
strangely enough it is under device manager as working. i've reinstalled the finger print reader driver from hp driver page, no effect. searching for biometric in windows control panel or help brings up nothing.
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
Nope, other than windows updates, no changes
03-20-2013 09:58 AM
You’re having a problem with the finger print reader not working.
Uninstall the Biometric device in device manager and restart the computer.
This should uninstall and reinstall the driver.
Also go to HP.com and update the BIOS.
If the fingerprint reader was working before, you might try a System Restore.
This will take the system back to when everything was working correctly without affecting any of your files.
Here is a link to System Restore.
Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!
Let me know how everything goes
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot