Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
470 G2
Windows 7

Hi!

Is it possible to upgrade 470 G2 notebook with M.2 SSD?  I bought one M.2 SSD and plugged it into free slot on mainboard. In BIOS there is option to enable/disable mSATA and set it as boot device. But SSD is not recognized, in manual there is nothing about mSATA.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Jaksa.

Sorry but you do not have the option for M.2 ssd.

You would need a WWAN connector under the small service bay cover.

Your model does not.

REO

HP Recommended

Hi!

I took some images, there is m.2 connector on mainboard and MTS400 M.2 SSD is plugged in. Also BIOS versions seems to be same for 450 G2 and 470 G2 (same BIOS file for both, 450 G2 supports M.2 SDD). BIOS is updated to latest version, but SSD disk is not recognized. Any further help is appreciated, thanks!

20150124_111257.jpg

20150124_111738.jpg

20150124_111652.jpg

HP Recommended

Did you managed to make it work?

HP Recommended

Hi!

Im currently considering buying an m.2 SSD for my Probook 470g2. I would greatly appreciate if you could share the outcome of your attempt.

Did it work in the end?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.