Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g7-1150us Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The LCD Video Cables DD0R18LC040 and DD0R18LC030 that connect to the screens for the Pavilion g7-1150us  apparently are interchangeable and don't ask me how? Apprarently there were 30 and 40 pin screens made?! I've had both cables with these two different part numbers and they were "gold" and 30 pin. Hope you'll consider responding. Do you have an HP Parts or Manual that defines this? Please include in your response.
Thank YOU! 
Best, Raphael
ps: I'm seeking a replacement screen.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Screen:

17.3-in, HD, LED, BrightView display panel 641395-001

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153043189643?hash=item23a215bf8b:g:D44AAOSwXgxcP27l&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAwF...

Cable:

Display Cable Kit (includes display panel cable and webcam/microphone
module cable)
640205-001

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154154582308?hash=item23e4544124:g:wkMAAOSwv4tfkPQm&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA4O...

Manual:

Service Manual 

It's a 40 pin 1600 x 900 17.3 inch screen. Auctions for cable and screen linked above with Service Manual

HP Recommended

Thank you for this information. I donot  believe the model g7-1150us that I have has a back light or is backlit as shown in the manual. (Page number 129 section Recycling 9) I do not see it on the screen itself that I have. Or anywhere else.. 
There is the LCD aka ribbon cable and connector. The only **other cable attached to the screen is in the bottom left corner looking at the back of the screen and is covered under a plastic shield that says; Do Not Touch..it's part of the screen** . That plastic shield covers the entire bottom of the screen covering all the components.
This is the cable I have. https://www.any-pc-part.com/product_info.php/products_id/405711/zHP+G7-1150US as an example.
If my laptop is in fact backlit. How do you adjust it?  
One source said that there were (4) four different variations of that cable.
The cable link is sourced from China.   28$ shipping about 10days to a month to get it here assuming it does?!?                 

HP Recommended

I'd like your input from my first response to your first reply.
Thank You!
By the way. If the screen is not appearing as it should and is black yet when connected to an external monitor works fine. IS that a means or way of concluding the laptop screen is bad? How can we tell for sure that the screen is dead outside of connecting an external monitor?
Any suggestions appreciated very much.
Best, R

HP Recommended

External monitor is the standard diagnostic. Your panel is bad. If you have the model number correct, then that is the Manual. We could always try to find you a hinges up entire screen assembly. That would surely connect to the body of your laptop and to the video ports on the motherboard. Maybe a picture of the bottom plate of the laptop?

HP Recommended

Thank YOU very much! and its  quite encouraging about the external monitor being a good indicator of the screen being  bad.
At this moment at least getting more technical as you suggested is not that appealing. A screen replacement seems reasonable and less risky.  Like to it keep simple...
I did blow up a picture of the connector and was able to count the connections and its definitely  40 pin even though the tag says 30. The older original connector did end with the number 40
Very pleased that you got involved with this because there has been quite a bit of confusion about various aspects of this project. Hope all is well and try not to forget me until this is resolved. Cordially. Raphael

😉
screen input.jpg

HP Recommended

I get a notice whenever you post so just place questions here and I will come in and do my best to help. 

HP Recommended

Dear Huffer, Hope all is well.

New screen is installed but its very dim. not sure how to adjust the brightness or whatever other key combinations will do the trick?
The External monitor when connected is normal.

I have to use a Flashlight onto the  screen to see the screen and be able to do anything.

Please let me know what to do next? 

Thank You,
Raphael

HP Recommended

Dear Huffer, trust your doing well.
Wondering if the new Screen is bad or if its a key combination? BIOS update, etc to get the screen brightness high enough so i can see it. The LCD video cable connecting the screen to the motherboard has been replaced with a new one. I Another 4GB RAM was added as well.  Time constraints on getting the new screen replaced if that's what the issue is?! There is nothing more I can do until I hear back from you and take whatever troubleshooting steps you recommend. 
Thank You!
Sincerely, raphael
ps: This is the screen that was installed. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004NTACTS
😉

HP Recommended

You also sent me a PM which I saw and responded to before I saw this. Very dim means the backlight is not getting activated which could be an incompatibility with the cable or you have a bad screen or cable. Should not need a driver, BIOS, etc. it should just work if all the parts are compatible. Try the old cable with the new screen and the new cable with the old screen and see if the backlight lights up. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.