07-31-2013 03:18 PM
I have an HP Pavilion dv7-6143cl (17" screen) and an investigating the best way to get and keep a charge while in my vehicle. I can install an inverter (DC to AC) then use the standard power adapter, or use a DC to DC (18.5V out with varying power specs. 18.5 V, 90W, 4.9A seems to be the closest to the standard output from the stock charger (18.5V, 120W, 6.5A). I would prefer to use the cig lighter adapter option as it is portable from vehicle to vehicle, etc.... I also want to protect the laptop and have located a few options on ebay (below). Your input?????
1) (not sure about tip or power management, but this is an HP unit)
2) (Low power unit: 65 W, 3.5A, no statement about power management or manufacturer)
3) (Chinese unit claims to have power management and correct tip: ) http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Pavilion-DV7-6143CL-Compatible-Laptop-Power-DC-Adapter-Car-Charger-/36066...
4) (DC to AC inverter) many options
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot