09-03-2013 04:26 PM
My DC5100 Mini Tower has a P4-540 processor in it, using LGA775 port. What is the fastest processor and I can update too on that motherboard, and what must I do in addition to replacing the processsor. Any help would be appreciated.
01-16-2014 07:27 AM
with BIOS 1.08 I think you can use unitl Pentium Cedar Millar (maybe Pentium 4 661)
There's the 1.10a BIOS version that should support even the Pentium D Presler Front Side Bus 800 Mhz but I can't garantuee you it will work because I cannot flash the BIOS with that update right now...
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot