08-02-2014 01:09 AM - edited 08-02-2014 02:24 AM
I have HP DV6-2170ee notebook PC. The 'insert', 'delete', 'home', 'end', 'pgup', 'pgdn' and the 'left/right arrow keys' are not working. Sometimes they work once or twice if I tap them a lot. What could the problem be.
PS : I mostly use external keyboard and I don't use my laptop's keyboard a lot, except when I travel and I don't travel a lot.
08-04-2014 02:24 PM - last edited on 03-07-2017 04:15 PM by OscarFuentes
Welcome back to the HP Forums!
I understand you are having some issues with your keyboard buttons not responding.
I would suggest following this document from start to finish: Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 7). It will walk you through common fixes for this kind of issue.
It would help to know which operating system you are using. To see which version of Windows you are using click here: Which Windows operating system am I running?
I look forward to your reply!
I work on behalf of HP
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “thumbs up" button!
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot