Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 6 (795 Views)

HP DV63060TX Keyboard Indicator Lights problem.

Hello Forum,

I`m kind of new here. I had been here plenty of times before browsing therough Google looking for few problems I solved in past.

The problem currently I have is with Keyboard Indicator Light. In DV6 3050TX I have three indicator lights,

Caps Lock, Speaker/headphone , WiFi/Blutooth Indicator.

The Caps lock indicator works well, for sound indicator, it shows red dot if my speakers are on mute, no light when otherwise. For WiFi/Bluetooth Indicator, it shows white dot if its enable, red if otherwise.

The problem occured after when I opened my laptop to service my fan and replace my thermal paste. The problem is they sound and wifi indicators are not working perfectly.

The WiFi indicator when enabled it does not show any light, instead shows white dot whenever I press a key on my keyboard, any key. For the sound Indicator, it shows red dot no matter my speaker are on volumn or mute. When I mute the speaker, the light is slightly brighter. If I disable the WiFi it shows red dot in WiFi indicator, and the sound indicator works fine but only when I disable my WiFi/Bluetooth.

Please advice what problem this could be, I have serviced my laptop before therefor I know how to unplug/replug. I can not think of any problem that could affect like this.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Message 2 of 6 (788 Views)

Re: HP DV63060TX Keyboard Indicator Lights problem.

Do you have a manual for it?

Master's Graduate
Message 3 of 6 (786 Views)

Top Student
Message 4 of 6 (772 Views)

I`m sorry I dont quite understand. I had the manual, downloaded just before posting this topic but it didn't help much. I had seen this product getting stripped 4-6 time when it was on warranty and I did the same myself 2-3 after warranty was expired.

I even tried to pin the keyboard right in, 3times but the result is same. even tried uninstalling drivers and safe mode, but problem starts soon I power on, even on BIOS menu.

What could be the problem, any guess ??
Master's Graduate
Message 5 of 6 (756 Views)

I am making a guess, because no one else posted, but it goes with a disclaimer that I am not there to see the parts and have no idea, but...

Could you have flexed the top cover or bezel or whatever plastic piece and tweaked the bus or whatever the lights connect to?  It's easy to do when you are prying off the top cover for the first time and the robots at hp but gobs of locktite on everything, so if you use too much force the jostling could, in theory, make it "ain't work no more".

That is my theory, some kind of hardware problem from being jarred.

I could be wrong but if I am right whatever the lights are attatched to would need to be replaced.

I only mentioned the manual because usually they cover it in the top cover section.  I looked through it, that manual is vague and the pictures sucked.

Top Student
Message 6 of 6 (747 Views)

I never actually thought about it. And yest, I actually push the area just below lights at the time of removal of the keyboard. I think I might have damanged it.

Now it turns on and off random. I was thinking to reset BIOS but now I think I might have damanged the bus as you are suggesting.

Anyways, thank you for suggestion.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation