Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Development Company, L.P. - System - 5/26/2017 12:00:00 AM - 6.0.21.1 - Error 0x800f0247

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Shinobi45

I think this is Windows Update trying to push an update on your laptop that doesn't really apply. HP is looking into this-but it will probably be Microsoft who has to fix it.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

189 REPLIES 189
HP Recommended

@Shinobi45

I think this is Windows Update trying to push an update on your laptop that doesn't really apply. HP is looking into this-but it will probably be Microsoft who has to fix it.

HP Recommended

How do i fix this Error?

HP Development Company, L.P. - System - 5/26/2017 12:00:00 AM - 6.0.21.1 - Error 0x800f0247

HP Recommended

I don't think you can fix it unless WU allows you to hide it or postpone it. Microsoft will probably have to fix this. It is their updater system pushing that out.

HP Recommended

Download Windows 10 Updates Troubleshooter Tool from Microsoft

Run it and click on "Hide updates" option and you'll be able to hide desired update  in the list.

HP Recommended

I have same problem. I have run trouble shooter, it does not show HP Dev......... to hide. It is causing Win 10 insider   updates to blue screen fail. The trouble has existed for over a month now. Any other ideas?

HP ProBook 450 G3 i7

HP Recommended

@redgrashoper

Have you reported the failure using Feedback . As an Insider member you have an opportunity to more quickly get this to MS and hopefully get it solved.

HP Recommended

Getting this error today as well. Hopefully it gets sorted out soon. I don't want to hide it and it end up being something important.

HP Recommended

I also have this error message when windows update runs. When will HP take a look at the problem and let us know if they can fix it or whether it has to be fixed by Microsoft?

HP Recommended

bonjour lors de ma mise a jour de ce matin je rencontre le probleme de la mise a jour : HP Development Company, L.P. - System - 5/26/2017 12:00:00 AM - 6.0.21.1 - Error 0x800f0247

et j'arrive pas a le résoudre même en relancant la mise a jour manuellement que puis-je faire et surtout a quoi sers cette mise a jour?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.