Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Diagnostics- What do they mean?

P145na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I was on a game when I got a BSOD (Blue screen of death.) I ignored it as you usually get them every now and then. I restarted as usual and I opened a program and it crashed; I opened it again and it came up with another BSOD with the error of 'System service exception' when it rebooted, it came up with HP Diagnostics UEFI. I was going to reboot when I thought I should test it as the laptop is around 2 and a half years old. It came back with Memory Slot 2: Bottom slot right failed the memory test (RAM) and Hard Drive 1 component test failed. I am slightly worried as there is only 1 HDD on the laptop and I don't want to lose half of my RAM. Does anybody know what I should do?
3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
73220 8894 19124
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@nw89192 wrote:
I was on a game when I got a BSOD (Blue screen of death.) .... It came back with Memory Slot 2: Bottom slot right failed the memory test (RAM) and Hard Drive 1 component test failed. I am slightly worried as there is only 1 HDD on the laptop and I don't want to lose half of my RAM. Does anybody know what I should do?

@nw89192

Please backup your files/data and replace failed components. HEAT (playing games) killed the machine.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
nw89192 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Would it damage other components if I kept using it till the laptop died?
0 Kudos
nw89192 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Also, the pc is fully compatible with the games I play. I make sure the laptop fan is always open and not blocked. Should I clean the laptop fan?
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation